Answers to many of your questions may be found on this site. Before leaving your question, please try our Frequently Asked Questions a7_faq.htm, or you can try our Search http://www.hawaii.gov/tax/search.html and enter a few key words to see if your question is covered on the site.
If you still need help, we can answer your tax question via e-mail.mailto:Taxpayer.Services@hawaii.gov
- While we can respond to general tax questions by e-mail, state and federal laws require us to keep return and account information from our records confidential.
- To protect your privacy, we will answer specific questions about your tax return or account only by regular mail or telephone.
- Please include your mailing address and telephone number with any questions about your return or account.
- Please send your message one time only.
If you've received a letter, notice or bill, please call the number shown on the correspondence.
Our contact phone numbers are:
- OAHU (Honolulu): TAXPAYER SERVICES
- For State tax information and inquiries
- Tel: 808.587.4242
- Tel: 1.800.222.3229 (Toll- Free)
- Telephone for the Hearing Impaired: 808.587.1418 or 1.800.887.8974 (Toll- Free)
- Fax: 808.587.1488
- OAHU (Honolulu): COMPLIANCE DIVISION
- Telephone for the Hearing Impaired: 808.587.1419 or 1.800.961.5369 (Toll- Free)
- Office Audit Branch
- Tel: 808.587.1644 Fax: 808.587.1633
- Collection Branch
- Tel: 808.587.1600 Fax: 808.587.1720
- Tel: 808.984.8500 Fax: 808.984.8522
- Tel: 808.974.6321 Fax: 808.974.6300
- Tel: 808.274.3456 Fax: 808.274.3461
If you need to contact a division not on this list, please see our brochure: Hawaii State Tax Office Information (PDF) brochures/taxinfo.pdf.
Civil Legal Complaints/Legal Process:
Director of Taxation
Department of Taxation
830 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, HI 96813-5094
If you have a State tax problem that you have been unable to resolve through normal channels, call the Taxpayer Advocate at 808.587.1791 or fax at 808.587.1560.
For general correspondence only (not valid for complaints or legal process):
Our mailing addresses are:
- OAHU (Honolulu)
- P.O. Box 259
Honolulu, HI 96809-0259
- 54 S. High Street #208
Wailuku, HI 96793-2198
- 75 Aupuni Street, #101
Hilo, HI 96720-4245
- 3060 Eiwa Street #105
Lihue, HI 96766-1889
For specific issues:
See Where to Mail a1_3tax_address.htm.