FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2007
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. August 24, 2007 Briefing and Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Lincoln Ching; Kapaa Rice and Kula Lots, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-15:10 & 28. (KDLO/Joanne)
2. Amend Prior Board Action of June 12, 1992, Item F-14, and February 9, 2007, Item D-4, Authorization to Withdraw Land from the Operation of General Lease No. S-4413 and Right-of-Entry to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Contra-Flow Road Purposes, Wailua, Kawaihau, Lihue (Puna), Kauai; Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-006:001 (por) and 012 (KDLO/Barry)
3. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to County of Kauai for Access Purposes on Lands Encumbered by Revocable Permit No. S-7279 to Elester Calipjo, Lihue, Wailua, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-02: portion 20. (KDLO/Thomos)
5. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Bruce Eby and Cole J. Cornelius and Nancy L Cornelius, Trustees for the 1996 Cornelius Intervivos Trust Dated May 9, 1996, for Access Purposes, Hualua, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/5-5-03:12. (HDLO/Gordon)
Prior Board Action of January 10, 2003 (D-16), Grant of 55-Year Term,
Non-Exclusive Easement to William and Louise Pape for Access and Utility
Purposes at Kuwaikahi Gulch, Manowaipae and Kihalani, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax
Map Key: (3) 3-5-4:35 (ADMINISTRATION/Charlene)
7. Rescind Prior Board Action for the Sale of Remnant State Land to Nicolas Myrianthis, Trustee of the Nicolas Myrianthis Revocable Living Trust, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-4-07:58. (HDLO/Gordon)
8. Amend Prior Board Action of August 12, 2005 (Item D-8); Rename Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Access and Utility Purposes, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-003:portion (s) of 016, 017, 020 and 039 (MDLO/Daniel)
9. Decision Making on all Request for a Contested Case made by: (1) Hawaii Hot Spots Tours, LLC; (2) Hawaiian Ocean’s Waikiki; and (3) Noa Napoleon, regarding Land Board Item D-7 on June 22, 2007, entitled Enforcement of Violation of Unencumbered Public Lands, Unauthorized Surfboard Instruction by Pure Hawaiian, Hot Spots, Hilton Hawaiian Village, LLC, and Waikiki Beach Activities, Ltd., at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 2-3-037:021.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, to discuss the contents of confidential attorney-client memoranda, and to consult with the Board's attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
10. Grant of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Keehi Memorial Organization for Seawall, Drainage Channel, Landscaping and Gazebo Structure Purposes, Situated at Keehi Lagoon, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03:004 (seaward). (ODLO/Steve)
11. Sale of Remnant to Joyce Watanabe as Successor Trustee of the Tsugio Kurihara Trust and Kaoru Kurihara Trust, and Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 1598, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-024:between 37 and 38. (ODLO/Steve)
13. Report of Environmental Studies Pertaining to Acquisition of Private Lands for Set Aside to Department of Education for addition to Haaheo Elementary School, South Hilo, County and Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-6-32:01 por. and 27.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National
Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, National Marine Sanctuary
Program (NOAA/NOS/NMSP), for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Reef Assessment
and Monitoring Activities.
3. Request for Authorization to Select and Appoint a Hearing Officer to Conduct Contested Case Hearing Regarding the Board of Land Natural Resources’ Finding that Dr. Greta Aeby Violated Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Research, Monitoring, and Education Permit # DLNR.NWHI06R008
2. Issuance of a Lease (License) to the United States of America, Commandant of the United States Coast Guard, for Open Land at Pier 1, Honolulu Harbor, Kaakaukukui, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: 1st/2-1-15 (Portion)
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.