FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2007
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. May 11, 2007 Minutes
C. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. S-4195 and Issuance of Direct Lease to Lokahi Pacific for Affordable Rental Housing Serving Low-Income Individuals Purposes, Kamaole, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-9-5:46.
3. Final Approval of the Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of State Parks for State Park Reserve, Pupukea-Paumalu, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 5-9-05:38 & 82 and (1) 5-9-06:01, 18 & portion 24
E. STATE PARKS
1. Request for Approval for a One-Year Extension of a Lease to the Friends of Heeia State Park, and Approval to Issue a Public Notice for a Request for Qualification/Request for Proposal (RFQ/RFP) for Long-Term Lease for Heeia State Park, Oahu
2. Request to Amend Prior Board Action of September 22, 2006, Agenda Item E1, and to Approve the Issuance of a Lease for State Parks lands at Makiki Valley State Recreation Area, Makiki, Oahu to Mana Maoli for educational uses.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request Approval on Revisions to the Joint Permit Form, and Approval of Special Terms and Conditions, for Permitted Activities within the Northwest Hawaiian Islands - Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. George Antonelis , National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shark Control Activities.
3. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Mark Brownlow, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) for Access to State Waters to Conduct Documentary Filming Activities.
4. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Native Hawaiian Practices Permit to Dr. Pualani Kanaka’ole Kanahele for Access to State Waters to Conduct Native Hawaiian Cultural Activities.
5. Request for Final Approval to Amend Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-75, Rules Regulating the Possession and Use of Certain Fishing Gear to Include Rule Amendments for the Use of Lay Nets on the Island Of Molokai
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
1. Issuance of Revocable permit to Honolulu Transpac, Ltd. for Support Areas for Support Areas for its Regular Biannual California to Hawaii Yacht Race finishing at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Tax Map Key (1)-2-3-037: portion of 12.
2. Rescind Board action of January 27, 2006 approving a Joint Use Agreement between the State and Hilton Hawaiian Village LLC. Approve a Revised Joint Use Agreement for Dewey Lane Improvements between the State, Hilton Hawaiian Village LLC and Owners of Ilikai Apartment Building, Inc., Waikiki , Oahu, Tax Map Key Numbers: (1) 2-6-010-007 (por.): (1) 2-6-009-002; (1) 2-6-009-010; (1) 2-6-10:Roadway
K. CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Conservation District Enforcement File OA-07-31 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Repair/Reconstruction of a Boulder Revetment Within the Conservation District Located at Mokuleia, Island of Oahu, TMK (1) 6-8-003:018, by Michael Daily
2. Conservation District Use Application MA-3392 by Applicant Olowalu Elua Associates to Hold Private Commercial and Non-profit Events such as Weddings, Fundraisers, and Gatherings at the former Pioneer Mill Plantation Manager's House and Garden located in the Olowalu Ahupua`a, Lahaina District, Maui, TMK (2) 4-8-03:5
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.