FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2007
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. Request for Approval of the Placement of Hazard and Management Signs on Improved Public Lands: Manoa Falls Trail, Honolulu, Oahu and at Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, Hawaii, Pursuant to Act 82, Session Laws Hawaii, 2003
2. Request for Approval of the Hilo Forest Reserve Koa Regeneration and Salvage Project Management Plan as Required by Chapter 183-1.5, Hawaii Revised Statutes and the Department of Procure Services for Commercial Koa Salvage Work.
3. Request for Approval of the Deed of Conservation Easement Including Development Rights Made by Dunbar Ranch Partners in Favor of Maui Coastal Land Trust; and Final Approval of a Land Conservation Fund Grant of $1.1 Million to Maui Coastal Land Trust for Partial Match for the Purchase of the Agricultural Conservation Easement on Kainalu Ranch, Molokai.
2. Amend Prior Board Action of April 13, 2006, Item D-3, Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7085 to Kau Agribusiness Company Inc.; Issuance of Revocable Permit to Edmund C. Olson, Trustee of the Edmund C. Olson Trust II for Use of Water from Noguchi Tunnel; Wood Valley and Kau Forest Reserve, Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 9-6-06:15,16,17,18; (3) 9-6-07:02; (3) 9-6-08:39,45,46 and (3) 9-7-01:01,18. (HDLO/Joanne)
3. Consideration of Request to Extend Right-of-Entry Over State Lands for Access Purposes to Lani Stark at Honopou, Makawao, Maui, TMK (2) 2-9-003:020 por., as Provided by Amended Board Action of July 28, 2006 (Item D-2) (MDLO/Daniel)
4. Final Approval of the Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, for Addition to the Existing Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve for Watershed Protection and Research, Native Species Habitat Restoration, Endangered Species Recovery, and Forest Recreation, Education and Management, Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-1-013:001 & 002.
Final Approval of the
Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to the City and
6. Issuance of a Direct Lease to the University of Hawaii, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Fee Simple Conveyance of State Land to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands and Amend Prior Board Action of September 25, 1998 (Agenda Item D-17), and May 9, 1997 (Agenda Item D-26), Koolaupoko, Waimanalo, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-08:5, 79 and 80, and (1) 4-1-26:4 (SUPORT BRANCH/Gary)
7. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Department of Defense, State of Hawaii for State Civil Defense Warning and Communication Siren Purposes, Kuliouou, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: 3-8-016:081 (por). (ODLO/Cecil)
E. STATE PARKS
1. Request for Authorization/Approval to Issue One (1) Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI) Research Permit to Dr. George Antonelis, of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service, Valid from March 8, 2007 to the end of April 2007, to Access Sites in the Waters Surrounding French Frigate Shoals, Laysan Island, Pearl and Hermes Atoll, and Midway Atoll to Capture and Tag Monk Seals, and to Conduct Monk Sea and Cetacean Surveys, for the Purpose of Contributing to the Understanding of Monk Seal and Cetacean Population Dynamics in the NWHI.
2. The Division of Aquatic Resources Requests Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) Authorization/Approval to Issue One (1) Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI) Research Permit to C.O. Karl Mangels, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship Oscar Elton Sette, for Access to State Waters to Support Marine Research Activities.
1. Request for and Consent to Dismissal of Contested Case Hearing in Matter of Docket No. BORCCH-06-02 Regarding Proposed Joint Use Agreement for Dewey Lane, Waikiki, Oahu, (1) 2-6-009:002 and 10, (1) 2-6-07 (por), Public Right of Way as Shown on Map 4 Land of the Land Court Consolidation 64, the Request for Which had Been Previously Granted on March 10, 2006 on Agenda Item J-1.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.