FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2006
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
5. Approval of a Cooperative Agreement between U.S. Forest Service and Department of Land and Natural Resources for the Establishment and Administration of the Hawaii Experimental tropical Forest at Laupahoehoe, Hamakua, Hawaii and Puu Waawaa, Kona, Hawaii; and Partial Delegation of Authority for Issuance of Research Permits.
6. Request for Approval to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement Between Kona BB Property, LLC, d.b.a Kona Village Resort, the State of Hawaii Department of Education West Hawaii Area Complex and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, for a Traditional Hawaiian Canoe building Cultural and Educational Project.
1. Amend Prior Action of May 24, 2004, Agenda Item D-5, Request by the USA, Department of the Navy, for Addition of 270 Acres to General Lease No. S-3852 and for Non-Exclusive Agricultural Preservation/Restrictive Use Easement of 5,371 Acres on Lands Adjacent to the Pacific Missile Range Facility, Waimea, Kekaha, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-2-02: Por.1 (SUPPORT BRANCH/Gary)
2. Amend Prior Board Action of December 9, 2005 Under Item D-3, Set Aside to County of Kauai for Developing Affordable Housing Purposes, Kekaha, Waimea, Kapaa, Anahola, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-2-02:32, 1-2-06:18, 4-3-07:07, 08 & 11, 4-6-14:30 & 112 and 4-8-13:13. (KDLO/Thomas)
3. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5023, Ted K. Blake and Edward H. Schimmelfenning, Assignors, to Waiyee Carmen Wong and Samuel R. Blair, Assignees, Waimea, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-4-3:17 (ADMINISTRATION/Charlene)
6. Issuance of Right-or-Entry to the United States Army Corps of Engineers for Phase III of its Defense Environmental Restoration Program of the Former Waikoloa Maneuver Area at Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-6-01:5, 9, 10 & 11 and 6-6-03:07 (HDLO/Wesley)
11. Amend Prior Board Action of April 22, 2005, under Item D-11, as amended; After-the-Fact Consent to Sublease portions of General Lease No. S-4825, Waikiki Community Center, as Sublessor, to Waikiki Health Center, Waikiki Beach Chaplaincy, Inc., International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, Hawaii Services on Deafness, United Self Help, and Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii, Hawaii non-profit corporations, as Sublessees; Cancellation of General Lease S-4825; and Issuance of a Thirty-year Direct Lease to Waikiki Community Center for Community Center Purposes, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-6-025:008. (ODLO/Robert)
12. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4894, Julia Minerva Kaawa, Assignor, to BarbaraAnn Kehaunani Kaawa, Jonnett M. K. Kaawa and Minerva Lehua Aana, Assignees, Maunalaha Homesites, Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-24:10 (ODLO/Al)
13. Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6903 to Kahala Hotel Associates Limited Partnership and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kahala Hotel Investors, LLC, Kahala, Waialae, Oahu, TMK: (1) 3-5-023:041. (ODLO/Steve)
14. Approval in Principle of an Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Tiana Partners and Hawaiian Humane Society for State-Owned Springing Executory Interest in Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-7-04:01, 02 & 20 and Privately-Owned Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-7-04:02; and
Rescind Prior Board Action of October 28, 1994 Under Agenda Item F-13, Amendment to Prior Board Action of February 12, 1988 (Agenda Item F-24) Relating to an Agreement to Partition Land at Niu Valley, Honolulu, Oahu; Accept Quitclaim to a Portion of Property; Issue Quitclaims to the Remainder of Property; and Set Aside to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, TMK 3-7-04: 01, 02 & 20. (PROJECT DEVELOPMENT/Gavin)
15. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3764, Sugita Enterprises, Ltd. dba Hawaiian Floral Nursery, Assignor, to Coral Shores Enterprises Inc. dba Trade Winds Flower Farm, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Ohau, TMK: (1) 4-1-010:08. (ODLO/Steve)
16. Amend Prior Board Action of August 24, 2001, Item D-29; Issuance of Lease to Kevin Kinvig and Nora Fisher for Private Noncommercial Pier Purposes Pursuant to Kaneohe Bay Piers Amnesty Program, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-5-047:079. (ODLO/Barry)
17. Item Deleted
E. STATE PARKS
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
2. Request for Approval to Hold Public Meetings and Hearing to Repeal Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapters 13-84, Samoan Crab and 13-92, Opihi and Amend Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-94, Rules Regulating the Taking and Selling of Certain Marine Resources to Include Amended Rules For the take of Opihi and for the Take of Spiny Lobster, Kona and Samoan Crabs.
1. Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. B-03-06, Magic Island Petroleum, Permittee, Upon Cancelation, Isssuance of a New Revocable Permit for a Marine Service Stateion fueling Facility Only, With No Mooring Rental Authority, Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:2-3-37:20.
2. Requesting Final Approval of Amendments to Chapter 13-234, Hawaii Administrative Rules, as They Relate to Cruise Ship Fee Increases and Requesting Authorization to Submit the Approved Rule to the Governor for Final Adoption.
3. Request for Approval to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding Proposed Amendments to Hawaii Administrative Rules Section 13-256-141 as it Relates to the Personal Watercraft Zone in Hilo bay of the East Hawaii Ocean Recreation Management Area (ORMA), Hawaii Island.
4. Request for Approval to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding Draft Rule Changes to §13-256-63 and a Per-User Fee for Commercial use of Zone “C” of the Shark’s Cove/Three Tables/Waimea Bay Marine Life Conservation District (MLCD) on Oahu.
1. Conservation District Enforcement File No. KA 06-72 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Construction of Chain Link Fence Within the Conservation District Located Makai of 7380 Alealea Road, Wainiha, Hanalei, Kauai, TMK (4) 5-8-009:025
1. Request for Authorization to Retain Various Consultants and Contactors for the Purpose of Conducting Studies & Assessments; Design and Construction of Slope Stabilization Measures and Other Improvements; as Directed by Act 118, SLH 2006, Relating to Emergency Relief for Natural Disasters.
1. To Issue a Long-Term Master Lease for Various FAA Facilities at Kona International Airport at Keahole. This Will Replace the Current Individual Leases for Each Existing Facility and Include Future FAA Facilities at Kona International Airport at Keahole.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.