FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 28 2006
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Between the 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colorado, U.S. Department of the Interior and the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources for a Flora and Fauna Conservation Program for the Kaena Point Tracking Station.
2. Rescind Prior Board Action of December 13, 2002 (Item D-19), Related to the Direct Issuance of Non-Exclusive Easement B to Lani Stark for Access and Utility Purposes, Honopou, Makawao, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-9-03:20 por. (MDLO/Daniel)
3. Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. S-4411 and Issuance of a 30-year Direct Lease to the Diamond Head Theatre, Inc. for Production of Live Theater and Allied Purposes, including Education in the Theatre Arts Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 3-2-30:01. (ODLO/Robert)
4. Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, by its Hawaiian Homes Commission, Requests the Fee Simple Conveyance of State-owned Land Situate at Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-08: 10, 81, 91 and 92. (SUPPORT BRANCH/Gary)
6. Amendment to Prior Board Action of September 13, 1996, Agenda Item D-41, Set Aside to City and County of Honolulu, Board of Water Supply by Governor's Executive Order for Well Purposes, Together with a Waterline Easement at Maakua, Hauula, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-4-05:01 & 02 (ODLO/Al)
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization to Enter into a DLNR/UH Contract for a Research Project in the Long-Term, Wide-Range Movement of Adult Surgeonfish Within the Fishery Replenishment Network in West Hawaii ($45.271), to be Conducted From August 1, 2006 Through August 31, 2007.
2. Request for authorization to issue one (1) Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI) Native Hawaiian Activity Permit of Research Monitoring, and Education Activity Permit to Leonard Kimokeo Kapahulehua of the Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe Voyaging Society for a Canoe Voyage from Mokumanamana to Laysan Island Valid for the Month of August 2006.
1. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3360 for Sandwich Isles Communications, Inc. to use Sandy Beach Park on O`ahu as a landing site for a submarine fiber optics cable, TMK: (1) 3-9-015:001 and in state submerged waters off of TMK (1) 3-9-012
2. Conservation District Enforcement File No. OA-06-32 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Construction of Rock Walls Within the Conservation District, Submerged Land Located at Oneula Beach, Ewa, Island of Oahu, Makai of TMK:(1) 9-1-028:001
3. Time Extension Request to Extend the Construction Period for an Additional Two Years for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) MA-2705 for the Advanced Electro-Optical System (AEOS) 8- Meter Class Telescope and Related Facilities Located at the Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site, Waiakoa, Papaanui, Makawao, Island of Maui, TMK: (2) 2-2-007:008
8. Approval for Award of Construction Contract – Job No. B31XM82A, Manele Small Boat Harbor Ferry System Improvements, Manele, lanai, Hawaii and Job No. J00CB31A, ADA Barrier Removal, Manele Small Boat Harbor, Lanai, Hawaii.
11. Authorization to Execute Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement Between the Department of Army and the Department of Land and Natural Resources For the Ala Wai Canal Project (Watershed) Feasibility Study, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.