FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2006
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. May 12, 2006
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Subject: Request for Approval to Enter into a 2-Year Contract with The Zoological Society of San Diego to Provide Services to Operate The Endangered Bird Captive Propagation Facility on Maui, The Maui Bird Conservation Center, and to Provide Expert Avicultural Services to Conduct Related Forest Bird Propagation Projects on the Island of Hawaii and Throughout the State.
2. Amend Prior Board Action of March 14, 1997 (Item D-21), Set Aside to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, North Kona, Hawaii, TMKs: (3) 7-3-01:02; 7-4-01:02; 7-4-01:03; 7-4-02:07; 7-5-13:13; 7-5-13:22.
3. Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5547, The Gas Company, L.L.C., as owned by HGC Holdings, LLC, as owned by k1 Ventures Limited, Assignor, to The Gas Company, L.L.C., as owned by HGC Holdings, LLC, as owned by Macquarie Gas Holdings LLC, Assignee, Waiakea House Lots, First Series, Lot A, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-2-27:02.
6. Rescind Prior Board Action of November 5, 2003, Item D-4; Issuance of Direct Lease to Board of Water Supply for Offsite Substation for Kalaeloa Desalination Plant, Kalaeloa, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-1-31:01 por.
7. Amend prior Board Action of July 22, 2005, Item D-5, as amended- Cancellation of a Resolution Designating an Industrial Park; Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3892 to the Department of Land and Natural Resources for Industrial Park and Business Purposes; Set Aside to the Department of Transportation, Harbors Division for Maritime Purposes; and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry; Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:22 and 334.
1. Request for approval to enter into Revocable Permits pursuant to HRS section 171-55 with Adventures in Paradise, Hawaii Pack and Paddle, Kona Boys Inc. and Aloha Kayak Company for landing and launching kayaks at Kaawaloa, Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, as a part of their commercial guided kayak tours within Kealakekua Bay, on terms and conditions to be negotiated by the Chairperson.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. After-the-Fact Authorization for the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement for Management of the Northwest Hawaiian Islands with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration (National Marine Sanctuary Program and National marine Fisheries Service).
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Issuance of a Non-Exclusive Easement for a sewage transmission line, and a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry for a temporary sewage bypass Line to be placed within the Ala Wai Canal to The City and County of Honolulu, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:, 36:, 35:, 34; (1) 2-7-036:, (1) 2-6-017 and a Right of entry, and or an Easement for crossing any other State lands adjacent and within the Ala Wai Canal surrounding area to the City and County of Honolulu to fully accomplish this project.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Rescind Prior Board Action of March 10, 2006 (Item L-4), Award of Contract – F00CF59A Individual Wastewater System Improvements at Puaa Kaa State Wayside Hana, Maui, Hawaii and Approval for Award of Construction Contract – Job No. F00CF59A Individual Wastewater System Improvements at Puaa Kaa State Wayside Hana, Mau, Hawaii.
1. RESUBMITTAL – Issuance of Lease from Department of Accounting and General Services, Lessor, to Washington Place Foundation, Lessee, for a portion of Washington Place, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-1-18:1.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE. ANY INDIVIDUAL REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS IS ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.