FOR THE MEETING OF THE
OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
MAY 12, 2006
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. April 13, 2006 briefing
2. April 13, 2006
3. April 28, 2006
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative on
Lands Encumbered by Revocable Permit S-7335 to Kenneth Bray,
Wailua, Lihue, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-01:02.
- Rescind Prior Board Approval for Set Aside to Division of Boating and
Ocean Recreation for Boatyard; Set Aside to County of Hawaii for Park
and Related Recreational Purposes, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK:
(3) 2-2-32:3, 4, 8,19, 87 & 88.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Avigation and Noise Easement to State
of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Airports Division, Waiakea,
South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-2-37:41.
- RESUMITTAL – Lease to the University of Hawaii for Education,
Housing, and Related Purposes; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii; TMK: (3)
2-4-01:por. of 24; (3) 2-4-56:17 & por. of 14.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hilo Meishoin for Utility
Purposes, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-57:por. 01.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5142, Cynthia Lee Kuahuia
Baeza, Assignor, to Larry Patrick Kuahuia, Assignee, Milolii-Hoopuloa,
South Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 8-9-14:28.
- Consent to the Assignment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement Bearing
Land Office Deed No. 27766, Shang Wen Chen, Trustee, Assignor, to
Association of Apartment Owners of 2765 Round Top Drive, Assignee,
Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-5:5 road.
- Resubmittal for Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-5707, All Tree
Services, Inc., Lessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Amend the Scope of Services and Compensation
and Payment Schedule for Contract No. 53058 with the University of
Hawaii (UH) to Develop an Aquatic Wildlife Conservation Strategy.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request for Approval to Enter into a contract with CSV Consultants to
Develop Strategies to Address Ocean Recreation User Conflicts Across
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Waive Oral Request for a Contested Case Hearing, and Appointment and
Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for One (1)
Contested Case Hearing regarding Conservation District Use Application
(CDUA) HA-3269 for Mr. Jonathan Cohen’s Request to Construct a
Single Family Residence at Paoo, North Kohala, Hawaii.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) for OA-3274 for the
Makaha Valley Fence Project, Island of Oahu, Ms. Donna Kiyosaki,
Deputy Manager, Board of Water Supply, City and County of Honolulu,
630 South Beretania Street. Honolulu, Hawaii 96843-0001, Subject
Parcel's TMK's: (1) 8-4-002:001 and 014.
- Request to Amend Title 13, Chapter 222, Hawaii Administrative Rules
(Shoreline Certification Rules).
- Time Extension for the Processing Period for Conservation District Use
Application HA-3250 for the Commercial Use of Hand Quarried Volcanic
Ash Located on State Land, Puu Nene, Humuula, North Hilo, island of
Hawaii, TMK (3) 3-8-001:001.
- Amendment to Condition 7 & 9 of conservation District enforcement File
No. HA 05-19 Located at Hokukano, Ka'u, island of Hawaii, TMK (3) 9-
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3286 for the
Replacement of the Waiehu Golf Course Maintenance Building and
Associated Improvements Located at Waiehu, island of Maui, TMK (2) 3-
- ATF CDUA filed by Kauai Coffee Company for Unauthorized Grading
and Grubbing, Excavation, Access Road Construction, Tree Removal,
Bypass Ditch Construction; and Request Approval for Future Land Use
Activities Involving Operations and Maintenance Activities Related to
Alexander Dam, Kauai Coffee Company, P.O. Box 8, Eleele, Kauai
96705, Applicant Rodney Funakoshi, Project Manager, Wilson Okamoto
Corporation, 1907 South, Beretania, 4th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii 96826,
Subject Parcel's TMK's: (4) 2-4-008:001, 002, and 016 & 2-4-009:001 and
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract – Job No. 500BH42A,
Demolition, Debris Loading, Hauling and Disposal Puu Anahulu
Homestead, North Kona, Hawaii.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of March 10, 2006 (Item L-2), Award of
Contract – J00C302A, Maui Baseyard Office ADA Barrier Removal,
Kahului, Maui, Hawaii and Approval for Award of Construction Contract
- Job No. J00C302A Maui Baseyard Office ADA Barrier Removal,
Kahului, Maui, Hawaii.
- Request for Authorization for the Geological Survey, United States
Department of the Interior (USGS) and its agents, employees, and
consultants, to enter upon private property for the purposes of
investigating, installing, operating and maintaining remote sensing gages
and related instrumentation equipment, conducting inspections and
hydraulic calculations on and around dams and reservoirs located within
the State of Hawaii pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statues Chapter 179D and
Authorize the Chairperson to negotiate agreements with the USGS.
- Certification of Election and Appointment of Soil and Water Conservation
- Issuance of a Direct Lease – Mokulele Flight Service, Inc., Honolulu
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE. ANY INDIVIDUAL REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
OR ACCOMMODATIONS IS ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808)
587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.