FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2006
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Establishment of the Hawaii Experimental Tropical Forest on State lands at Laupahoehoe, Hamakua, Hawaii and Puu Waawaa, Kona, Hawaii, Approval of Recommendations to the Governor of Hawaii and Secretary of Agriculture, and Authorization to Develop a Memorandum of Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service for Administration of the Experimental Forest Sites.
1. Consent to Assign Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easement LOD No. 28,194, Larry R. Oler and Midge J.L. Older, Assignor, to Parker K. Mossman and Bina K. Saafi, Assignee, and Amendment to the Easement; Waiohinu, Kau, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 9-5-02:40.
2. Request of Department of the Attorney General for Concurrence with Proposed Settlement of the Rezents v. Kuaea Quiet Title Action, Civil No. 03-1-0160 (1), Haiku and Pauwela, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-7-010:051.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
4. Amend Prior Board Action of June 18, 2004, Item D-10, Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Addition to Mount Kaala Natural Area Reserve System, Mokuleia, Waialua, Oahu, TMK: (1) 6-7-003:021.
5. Amend Land Office Deed No. 28,529, Direct Issuance of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Co. for Utility Purposes at Kapolei, Oahu, TMK: 9-1-16:25 por. & 9-1-17:4 (now 9-1-16:108 & 109).
6. Request to Extend Navy License No. N6274201RP00064 with the United States of America, Department of the Navy on behalf of the Department of Education at Pearl City Peninsula, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-7-016:01 (portion).
E. STATE PARKS
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE. ANY INDIVIDUAL REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS IS ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.